Today, I have a delicious Morrocan inspired dish for all of you. Give it a chance and love will follow!
- 1 large- medium sized acorn squash
- 1 cup of raisins
- 1 box of almond Rice pilaf mix by Near East- you may also use couscous or plain rice
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese
- Cut the acorn squash in half and empy out all of the seeds from the center of the squash to leave a minature sized bowl. * Save the seeds for roasting!
- Mist both squash halves with Pam with Olive oil of just regular olive oil and brush on some brown sugar. Place each half face down on a baking sheet. These go in the oven for 30 minutes at 350 *F (be sure that squash in tender before removing from the oven)
- While your squash is cooking- use this time to create your stuffing. You will first need to cook your rice pilaf. The preparation instructions are on the back of the box: http://www.neareast.com/#products/toastedalmondpilaf
- Cooking the pilaf should take about 20-25 minutes. Once the rice has been cooked and fluffed you can add your raisins, brown sugar, salt and pepper for taste.
- Once your squash is tender you can take it out of the oven and scoop the pilaf stuffing in each half.
- Lastly, sprinkle chedder cheese onto the top of each halve of stuffed acorn squash and pop it back in the over for an additional minute.