Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Food Alert: KALE!

!!!
       After finding this wonderful list of the 20 healthiest foods under a buck on Divine Caroline:http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/33WHgi/www.divinecaroline.com/22177/52070-twenty-healthiest-foods-1/print I knew that it was time for me to experiment with cooking Kale. However, I had no idea that it would be such a success! So here's the thing~ Kale is actually really delicious.
      It also just so happens to have many health benefits including a few minor things such as: aids in Digestion, full of Antioxidants, it's an Anti-Inflammatory, helps COMBAT CANCER?!, Cardiovascular support, (am I boring you yet?), Detox, Vitamin K, Vitamin A, Vitamin C. Yeah. You should definitely give Kale a chance. I know it's green but it's totally harmless! It's also in season!

Just to prove that Kale can be wonderful I made some baked kale chips for the office today and well, just see for yourself...
That's happiness if I've ever seen it! (from left: Peej, Karl, & Jon)
This is so easy! All you need is:
  • 1 bunch of kale
  • some olive oil
  • a baking pan 
  • your chosen spices

I used a bit of greek seasoning. Then you just bake the kale in the oven on 425 F for about 15 minutes. You want it to be crispy but not burnt.

This is the best and most perfect snack & speaking of snacks...
There will be SNACKS!,
B.

P.S. Don't forget to vote for the Bay Area Food Bank in Theodore, Al to win a Fruit Orchard for our community! You can vote everyday until May 31st!!: http://www.communitiestakeroot.com/

2 comments:

  1. I am intrigued by this thing you call Kale. I need to find some ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's in season right now which means that you can find Kale basically anywhere and it's only $1! We should make some kale chips on Friday!! :)

    ReplyDelete