Friday, May 13, 2011

Spaghetti Squash Creation


So good news guys!: Spaghetti Squash in a perfect alternative to angel hair pasta!
I just recently discovered this little food treasure and I'm crazy about it. Anyone who knows me understands my undying love for the squash family-- this has a lot to do with the dishes that my grandmother has cooked for me my entire life... heartwarming butternut squash soup, squash stuffed with rice, mint, & lamb, stewed squash with tomatoes and basil (this list continues for miles).
With all of that being said, I really think you ought to give this recipe a chance!

Ingredients:
  • 1 medium Spaghetti Squash
  • a bit of Parmesan cheese
  • 1 cup of mushrooms
  • a handful of fresh basil leaves
  • 1/2 cup of chopped shallots
additional: salt, pepper, lemon juice, a bit of olive oil

Directions:
  1. Preheat your oven to *340 F
  2. Cut your spaghetti squash in half and remove seeds
  3. Oil a baking sheet with a lighter oil such as extra virgin olive oil and place each squash halve face down. The squash should bake in the oven for about 30 minutes.
  4. While the squash in baking you can combine other ingredients in the skillet (aside from the Parmesan & fresh basil) and saute for 10 minutes.
  5. Scoop the inside of the squash into the skillet and combine all of your veggies with the squash.
  6. Add Parmesan cheese and chopped basil leaves to top it all off!
I hope that you guys enjoy this! it's really simple, healthy and delicious! Feel free to experiment and substitute veggies:)

Here's a pleasant song for good cooking:




Lastly, I do apologize for not having updated in a few weeks.
Many of you are probably aware of the destruction that has found Alabama recently. I would like to take this time to say that we can use all of the help that we can get. This includes food donations, clothing donations, and money donations. I have posted several links at the bottom of this post that will direct you to the Red Cross, Bay Area Food Bank virtual food drive, and other ways of assisting.
After having visited Tuscaloosa, Al to volunteer at the West Alabama Food Bank for several days I can say that the disaster there is much more significant than you could ever really imagine.


Thanks guys,
B.


No comments:

Post a Comment